I've often found myself using an object literal as a Set and after
wishing I had some real Set operators, I finally found the time to
write them.

<http://pastie.textmate.org/80530>

I don't know whether this is core-worthy, but it might be helpful for
someone else out there.

Just a note, all methods are implemented as statics on the Set
_class_ because I didn't want to pollute the contents of the set.

The only current limitation is you can't reliably store keys which
already exist in the Object prototype. Of course, I could add a
wrapper object and prefix all the keys to get around this limitation,
but the whole goal of this Set implementation was speed. So extra
method calls aren't desirable.

--
Jeff Watkins
UI Engineer, online Apple store