Tobie Langel wrote:
> Regarding the file protocol issue, that's easy:
> window.location.protocol is all you need as per SOP.

But what about http pages accessing files?  I was under the impression
that this is the prime testing situation.

> Just discussed the other points with Andrew.
>
> To summarize:
>
> - file protocol should always return success.
> - previously mentioned non-standard status codes for IE should always
> return a status code of 0.
> - status code of 0 should trigger an onFailure callback (except
> obviously for the file protocol).
> - status code of 0 should trigger an on0 callback.
> - as the specs don't yet specify that an exception should be raised in
> case of a network error, we won't implement that for the moment. So a
> status code of 0 will not trigger an onException callback.
>
> You're welcomed to submit a patch.

Extremely helpful.
One question: We want the file protocol to always trigger onSuccess, but
what status code should it return? 200?  I'm assuming we don't want
files to trigger on0

I'll try to submit a patch this week.

- Ken Snyder