> But what about http pages accessing files?  I was under the impression
> that this is the prime testing situation.

That's a violation of SOP. It's just not possible with Ajax. (Else,
imagine how a website could discretely upload most of your hard-
drive's content).

> One question: We want the file protocol to always trigger onSuccess, but
> what status code should it return? 200?  I'm assuming we don't want
> files to trigger on0

The file: protocol doesn't have http headers (these are set by a
webserver) so calling on0 (or on200) in that case just doesn't make
any sense.

Best,

Tobie