Can you provide a test snippet?
You can compare the differences between the two versions here:
http://www.protolific.net/step-by-step/24.png

As you can see in the comparison the new version does not allow
document.documentElement to be returned as the offsetParent
and the old one did. I suspect that is whats causing you problems.
All other browsers return document.body and never (that I have seen)
document.documentElement, so this is making it consistent.
When you provide a snippet I can properly see if this is the case.

- JDD