Hello,

I did not know where to report this problem, and did not find much
about this with google, but I think the developers of prototype should
know:

Line 4124 to 4129 (version 1.6.0.3):

    document.write("<script id=__onDOMContentLoaded defer src=//:><\/
script>");
    $("__onDOMContentLoaded").onreadystatechange = function() {
      if (this.readyState == "complete") {
        this.onreadystatechange = null;
        fireContentLoadedEvent();
      }

This code causes a ssl error message (only) in IE if the site is
running with SSL. If you comment this lines out, everything is fine.

Btw: With 1.6.0.1 and 1.6.0.2 the same problem.

Thanks,
Marc