Hi,

I think it's indeed a good feature to discuss for 2.0.
I've been working on this too and had quite reasonable performance
when using a hash function that avoids collision.
The simplest implementation consists in storing array of [key, value]
tuples indexed by `key.toString()` in a vanilla object.

i.e. :
        hash.set(true, value1);
        hash.set("true", value2);
is stored as:
        { "true": [ [true, value1], ["true", value2] ] }

Custom classes should override their `toString` method to be
efficiently stored in such a structure, otherwise fetching a value
would be as slow as a `Array#find` call.
Having real hashes allows to implement sets too.

Best,
Samuel.