Hi.

I really don't understand how polluting the document object with
otherwise useless elements is a better solution than using namespaces.

Here's a revamped version which implements basic namespacing:
http://gist.github.com/204012

As your namespacing needs are probably specific, I encourage you to
try out different patterns and decide which one is a better fit given
your specific domain.

Also, I think this conversation now really belongs in the Proto-
Scripty group[1] where others could benefit from it.

Best,

Tobie

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous