On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM, kangax <kan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 9:39 pm, Arjen Nienhuis <a.g.nienh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Prototype adds a extra parameter &_= to every GET Ajax.Request done by
>> any WebKit browser. This is done to fix a bug in an old version of
>> Safari.
>>
>> I'd like to see this feature removed for these reasons:

-snip-

> From what I remember, it was Safari 2.x that had problems with empty
> POST bodies. We still support Safari 2.0.4 (but not any other lower
> version of 2.x), so if 2.0.4 is affected by this bug, we can't just
> drop it.

The first mention I found is here: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/2106

Later they need to work around the fix from prototype:
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/2868

Apple says they fixed it in WebKit before March 2005:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/webcore-dev/2005/Mar/msg00005.html

Safari 2.0.4 was released almost a year later. I think we can asume it
was fixed by then. Does anyone ever test prototype with Safari 2.0.4?

Groeten, Arjen Nienhuis