If I sent a parameter with "bogotá" value over this code
new Ajax.Request(url, {
                  onSuccess: function(response) {
                                       //code
                 }
                                 ,parameters:'search=bogotá'
});

When this arrived to php script through Mozilla  I need use
htmlentities($searchParameter,ENT_COMPAT,'UTF-8');
php function  to get the "´"entity.

but in Internet explorer I need use  htmlentities($searchParameter);
without 'UT8-Charset' ,
to get the "´"entity.

I think this doesn't have to be different between browsers.

I tried with enconding parameter set to "UTF-8" in the Ajax Request,
but I got the same results.