Re. disabling the trailing execution during throttle: you might want a
function to execute every N milliseconds only while you're performing
an action. Perhaps it doesn't update a state value, but simple shows a
progress bar while the action is taking place. In this case, it would
be detrimental to perform that action after completion.

Re. debouncing at the beginning: if you're accepting input and only
want to register the first click but not subsequent clicks, this will
make an interface feel as responsive as possible while not allowing
accidental extra clicks.

Common use-cases:

Throttle, trailing: updating state (great for event handlers)
Throttle, no trailing: showing progress
Debounce, end: User input for expensive or asynchronous actions
Debounce, begin: User input for synchronous actions

I'm sure people can come up with many more examples, these were the
first that came to mind.

- Ben