Sorry for the thread reincarnation, but I had a client wanting similar
recently. While it works perfectly, it gets incredibly choppy when
doing any major animation, especially those that include movement of
multiple elements. Also, there can be bugs when dragging, and you'll
eant to seriously compress the JS....