[quote]
Ajax.Responders API Page
All callbacks in the life-cycle are available; actually, onCreate is
only available to responders, as it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to
individual requests: you do know when your code creates them, don’t
you? It is triggered even before the XHR connection is opened, which
makes it happen right before onUninitialized.
[/quote]

Ajax.Options API page (http://www.prototypejs.org/api/ajax/options),
however, has a table right at the bottom of the available callbacks.
onFailure is not there. This is confusing!

Can someone clarify please? Ideally I plan on only ever specifying
onSuccess for my ajax requests, errors generated by server side code
with headers set and a response returned will be dealt with by my
registered responders - but right now I can't register an onFailure.