On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM, doug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 11:00 am, Matt Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You could use a queue of requests, such that 6 won't be sent until 5
> > has returned.  It puts a bit of a bottleneck on the XHRs but will
> > maintain a stable sequence.  I've written an article on how to
> > approach something like this, review at your leisure,
> http://positionabsolute.net/blog/2007/04/ajax-request-queue.php
> >

> I will consider this, however, I would prefer somehow marking the
> requests so I can tell them apart when they are completed.

You can add something like "search: keyword" to your json object or xml, and
when ur in your function u parse and use this property to see what is your
last.

Or, possible u can cancel the request you was doing before, but this can be
a overkill if your users hit backspace :)

--
Thanks,

Diogo Neves
Web Developer @ SAPO.pt by PrimeIT.pt