Recently, I implemented a slightly modified version of the "miniature
slideshow for DIVs using Scriptaculous" <http://snippets.dzone.com/
posts/show/1068> on some web pages.

The strange behavior is that, using IE on most web pages, the Fade and
Appear function work fine, while on certain others, they do not--most
of the elements do not have smooth transitions. The HTML and
JavaScript on these pages are virtually the same (with the difference
being the number of slides, as well as what's being displayed within
each slide).

Everything works in Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome. But in my tests
using IE 6 and IE 7, the Fade and Appear effects don't work properly
in the same specific sites.

As far as I know, all of the images in the slideshow are non-
transparent JPEGs and GIFs, so image transparency should not be an
issue.

The page the consistently do not work properly in IE is here:

http://woodindustry-cn.woodlab.org/media.cfm?MBG=606060&MTitle=DD0&MText=FFF

And here's a page where the same code is working properly:

http://woodtoday-cn.woodlab.org/media.cfm?MBG=606060&MTitle=DD0&MText=FFF

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

Glenn