Hi jmanry,

I don't know if this can help you, but if you use a deferred or
delayed function when trying to change the left value, or class, like
this:

onEnd: function(draggable, event) {

    (function() {

         $(this).setStyle({ left:
whatever }).addClassName('whatever');

    }.bind(draggable)).delay(10); // 10 milliseconds should be enough
to do your stuff

}

I haven't tested it though.

Hope it helps,