On Oct 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, spectrus wrote:

>> On a side note, you do not need AJAX for this feature to feed the
>> user
>> a PDF file for download just set the form action to empty (same page)
>> and it should leave the page/browser right where it is with the form
>> still filled out,
>
> Brian, I can't seem to get that behaviour to work, it keeps refreshing
> the page no matter what. Could you please help me out with a code
> snippet that submits the form without refreshing the page? Or did I
> misinterpret and the page actually refreshes, WITH the form still
> being filled out after refresh?

It's been my experience that if you leave the action blank, you
submit the page to itself. What that page does in response to a POST
or GET is entirely up to that page. So, if you had "wired" your page
to play back the submitted variables (or if you were using a
framework that did this sort of thing automagically) then you would
see the form completed, as if nothing had changed. But if you did not
have such a thing going on in the background, you would see an empty
form. The browser would not re-fill (excepting any sort of auto-fill
behavior) the fields.

Walter