(I'm resending my last message in plain text after viewing it on
google groups, which is in html and with formatting errors)

Hi Baglan,

I'm already doing that. However, in the server I must convert from one
charset to another programmaticaly.

The problem seems to be the use of "encodeURIComponent" function by prototype:

Mozilla Developer Core Javascript Guide
(http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Global_Functions:encodeURIComponent):
encodeURIComponent
Encodes a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) by replacing each instance
of certain characters by one, two, or three escape sequences
representing the UTF-8 encoding of the character.

Replacing all occurences of "encodeURIComponent" function by "escape"
function solved the problem. The question is whether using "escape" is
worth for that.

Mozilla Developer Core Javascript Guide
(http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Guide:Predefined_Functions:escape_and_unescape_Functions):
escape and unescape
The escape and unescape functions let you encode and decode strings.
The escape function returns the hexadecimal encoding of an argument in
the ISO Latin character set. The unescape function returns the ASCII
string for the specified hexadecimal encoding value.

The article on http://xkr.us/articles/javascript/encode-compare/#ref-js-ns
shows the differences between some functions to encode strings.

Is there any chance to enhance prototype to use the correct function
based on an "encoding" parameter?

Thanks a lot. (sorry my bad english) :D