Hi,

how do we go about contributing new features to scriptaculous? i saw
that 1.xx is frozen, so where can we at least suggest new features for
2?

All i want to propose is a small change to Droppables, just add an
onHoverOut event so that a droppable can also tell when a draggable is
no longer overlapping, for custom functionality that extends past the
hover class stuff...  i have done it manually so far, its only a
couple of lines of code, just thought it would be useful for future
versions..

dragdop.js line 77:

  deactivate: function(drop) {
        /*#### CUSTOM CODE FOR A HOVER OUT EVENT ############*/
        if(drop.onHoverOut)
                drop.onHoverOut();
        /*#### CUSTOM CODE FOR A HOVER OUT EVENT ############*/
    if(drop.hoverclass)
      Element.removeClassName(drop.element, drop.hoverclass);
    this.last_active = null;
  },

maybe it should not be in the deactivate function, perhaps in show()
instead...

Thanks

Ali