Hi! At the "body" tag  I put the onload event to start my javascript.
The page loads and then it's started the banner animation, with this
command:

document.getElementById(idContainer).style.backgroundPosition = "0px "
+ auxImgPosVertical + "px";

The "idContainer" is a span element with a background image (banner).
The span has a lower height that the background image, so the effect
is the scrolling of the image from top to bottom and vice-versa
"inside" de span. I made this without prototype and scriptacolous,
because I didńt find this effect, only "normal" movings, like move an
element from one position to another position.

And the script works fine :-) except with IE6... grrr... only in IE6,
while the script is running, every time that the background image
position changes, IE6 flickr the mouse cursor... But this problem goes
100% away after I open the GUCCI website (which uses scriptaculous)
and back to my site.

Here is the full script:

function movimentoBanner(idContainer) {
   if (direcao == "CpB" && auxImgPosVertical >= difVertical) {
      auxImgPosVertical--;
      document.getElementById(idContainer).style.backgroundPosition =
"0px " + auxImgPosVertical + "px";
      setTimeout("movimentoBanner('" + idContainer + "')", 60);
   } else if (direcao == "CpB" & auxImgPosVertical < difVertical) {
      // Rolou de cima para baixo até a base da imagem, então aguarda
X segundos
      // e começa a rolar no sentido contrário (de baixo para cima).
      direcao = "BpC";
      setTimeout("movimentoBanner('" + idContainer + "')", 4000);
   } else if (direcao == "BpC" && auxImgPosVertical < 0) {
      auxImgPosVertical++;
      document.getElementById(idContainer).style.backgroundPosition =
"0px " + auxImgPosVertical + "px";
      setTimeout("movimentoBanner('" + idContainer + "')", 60);
   } else if (direcao == "BpC" && auxImgPosVertical == 0) {
      direcao = "CpB";