I was looking for on the web for a way of autocompleting and found
this. I have looked over the wiki at Github and used the example lines
there to put it in my htmlas below.

I have loaded the .js scripts to /javascripts but nothing is working.
Am I missing something very obvious?
Is this dependent on AJAX or something? Please forgive the ignorance
but I have had absolutley no experience of AJAX or such like.

<script src="/javascripts/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></
script>
<script src="/javascripts/scriptaculous.js" type="text/javascript"></
script>
<script script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
var bandsList = [
  'ABBA',
  'AC/DC',
new Autocompleter.Local('bands_from_the_70s', 'band_list', bandsList,
{ });
</script>
<!--
div.autocomplete {
  margin:0px;
-->
  <label for="bands_from_the_70s">Your favorite rock  band from the
70's:</label>
  <input id="bands_from_the_70s" autocomplete="off" size="40"
type="text" value="" />