Make sure that the script containing the autocomplete stuff is at the
bottom of your page (or at least lower in the source order than the
element you are trying to apply the effect to) and it should work as
written. Otherwise, wrap the new Autocompleter.Local part inside of a
window.load or document.dom:loaded listener.

Walter