Hi,

> Can prototype handle this?

Yes.

> What happens if you issue more than two?  Do they get discarded by
> http or does prototype queue the requests?

None of the above.  They get queued by the browser, just like when you
have a dozen images on a page, or three stylesheets to load, etc.  If
the server or the browser or both only allow two simultaneous
connections between the same two endpoints (which is common in both
browsers and servers), the browser queues the requests and completes
them when it can.

HTH,