On Jan 14, 2:02 pm, geoffcox <g...@freeuk.com> wrote:

[...]

> Looking inside prototype-1.0.6.3.js I can see getvalue all over the
> place and presumably that is why the code failed to run in Firefox.

Just because `getValue` is "all over the place" doesn't really make it
source of a conflict. Were you defining `getValue` as a method of an
extended element? A minimal failing test case would be helpful.

> There must be lists of reserved words for prototype and for
> scriptaculous? If yes, could someone please point me at them?!

There's no such list, afaik, but I agree - there should be one
(considering a relatively high level of pollution by prototype)

[...]

--
kangax