On Jan 15, 7:52 pm, geoffcox <g...@freeuk.com> wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> I am not getting this yet!
>
> Say I have following simple form - what is
>
> getData(evt.element().myform);
>
> sending to getData()?

When 'send' is clicked, that function is called with the event as its
argument. It finds the element actually picked (even if that was a
separate element inside 'send' - but in this case there's no other
element, so it must be the button) and gets its 'myform' attribute,
which as far as I can see doesn't exist.

I'm guessing that you mean to return the form for some reason. If it
is that one form only, you can hard code it as

getData($('myform1'))

but if you want it to be more general, you can say

getData(evt.element().up('form'))

but I may have misunderstood your intent.

Colin