The div isnt allways created by click .. its called by my method/function if
and when i need it .. this is the trouble i am having ...
At the moment ive got the method to check for a click (in my tests) and it
finds the div (as you have put below - this was my first approach at it
yesterday !!)... but it gets made by the function making it then immediatly
removed by the remove handler function

// by now the element is built so observe the document
Event.observe(document, 'click', removeErrorElement);

 },
 removeErrorElement : function() {
  if($('errortooltip')) {  // always locates because in my test i call it
from a click
      $('errortooltip').remove(); // always removes because in my test i
call it from a click
 //alert('Found Element');    // always alerts because in my test i call it
from a click
      Event.stopObserving(document, 'click', removeErrorElement); // what i
want to do here is stop observing the document for a click for that specific
function and listen for everything else .. if this makes sense !

Thanks
Alex