I just tested in Firefox 3.0.5 on Mac 10.4.11 and seems to work OK.
The items are supposed to turn semi-transparent when you drag them.
You should be able to disable that or change to a different effect
with one of the draggable options (starteffect, endeffect). I didn't
notice any other "flickering".