Hi,

I apologize if my question is stupid (and it should be since I cannot
find any reference to this idea anywhere) but I was wandering if it
would be possible to use an effect on a CSS style definition instead
of a DOM object.

Per example, imagine I have 300 DOM objects I'd like to fade out.
Those DOM objects happens to belong to one class named FOO.

And my CSS has something like this:
.FOO { opacity: 1.0 }

(Note: I know that opacity is not standard among browsers, it is just
a sample. I'd actually like to do this "trick" on many different
effects and style properties, but that was the simplest sample I could
think off :o) ).

So, I could use a selector to build an array of 300 synchronized
effects and start them at once, but it will be dramatic on some
browsers (very poor performances).

What I'd like to do, instead of modifying the style of each single DOM
object, is to modify the style associated with the .FOO class.
So there is only one effect, changing only one parameter (.FOO's
opacity) and all objects belonging to this class would be affected.

A little like what is happening when you dynamically edit your CSS
files using "Web Developer" plug-in on FF (great plug-in BTW :o) ).

Is there a way I can do this or am I a dreamer? :o)

Thanks for reading this question :o)
Eric