Hi,
I've been stuck at this for 2 full days now and am getting fairly
annoyed by the fact I'm not able to make this work.

I've done quite a few implementations of scriptaculous and the
autocompleter class. In this case though, I'd like to position the
hint <div> at another place of the website than right beneath the
textbox it defaults to.

I've tried to reposition the <div> by adding a function to the
callback option, unfortunately this screws things up majorly in IE
(due to the IE fix not working anymore in the actual class)

Then I tried to extend the class to alter the method of the class to
change the position there. Unfortunately I haven't been able to
succesfully extend the class. Firebug shows it can't find the
getUpdatedChoices function etc..

Anyone able to help me out on this matter? I have this feeling it
shouldn't be extremely hard to achieve what I try to do.

Thanks in advance

Robin