Hi, all,
I just run the following code for 1000 times, and Firefox used 600M
memory.

for(var i=0; i<1000; i++){
    new Ajax.Request('download.jsp?r='+Math.random(), {
                        method:'post',
                        parameters: "length=102400"

here download.jsp will return a simple json struct like this:

{ 'content': 'AAAAAAAAAAA...'}

where content is a string of length 102400.

when I turn on firebug, I find every transport has a responseText
property , which contains the large string object,
then I think  I should clean the responseText, so I change it to this:

   new Ajax.Request('download.jsp?r='+Math.random(), {
                        method:'post',
                        parameters: "length=102400",
                        onSuccess: function(t){ t.transport.abort
(); }
                        });

In firebug, I found transport.responseText is cleared. but firefox
still uses 600M  memory .

why ? and how to fix it?

Thank you very much !

Outersky