On 8 Mar, 14:51, Marc Liyanage <liyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From my experiments I get the impression that the select() context
> element and all of its ancestors are completely taken out of the
> selector match calculation.

Exaclty :)

It selects from elements INSIDE of given one. So it can find only 2
elements because first one is not considered as matching the rule
'div.div_a > span.span_a' cause first div is the one you use to call
select function.

>From documentation:
"Takes an arbitrary number of CSS selectors (strings) and returns an
array of extended descendants of element that match any of them."

It does not count selectors which are not inside of given "context".
You have to use element.select on highter level or $$() instead.

Quleczka