I've found something interesting : although the response headers show
that everything is OK, and the fact that all files are UTF8 encoded,
the JS kept on giving me iso-8859-1.
I commented some lines in my  server-side PHP code, which are dealing
with tidy to clean the HTML and everything works like a charm.
It seems that Tidy reencodes my utf-8 into iso-8859-1when
clear_repairing it.
I'll see if there's a manner to force tidy to stay in UTF8.

Thanks for your words, which guided me :)

Jérémie