Walter, I don't think that's correct.

The onSuccess callback is called when the XHR request has been fully
completed (all data received), not when data receipt begins (XHR
readyState 4, not XHR readyState 3).  It's called only for successful
requests (200 <= HTTP response code < 300), and only if you didn't
register a specific handler for the specific code that came back
(on200, etc.).  If the request failed and you didn't specify a
specific handler for the code that came back, onFailure is called
instead.

onComplete is called no matter what happened -- whether the request
succeeded, failed, etc.  It occurs immediately after onSuccess/onXYZ/
onFailure.