I have code that removes the content of a table and then redraws it.
It works great in Safari, but in firefox, the content that I draw in
moves down a couple of pixels each time I draw it.

I have reproduced it with only a little bit of code:

<script src="/javascripts/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></
script>
</header><body>
<script type="text/javascript">
function redraw_rows(){
  $('test').update();
  row = new Element("tr")
  $('test').insert({'bottom': row});
  row.insert({'bottom': new Element("td")});
}
</script>

Can anyone help?