JSON should not contain HTML for tactical/ease of programming purposes
unless the HTML is there as part of a larger design, but there may or may
not be implementation restrictions.
If you are facing problems, can you try encoding the HTML string (Base64)
and decoding back (using Javascript Base64 code ) before display on the
browser?