Hi,
You need to apply a small patch to your prototype.js
Instead of " while ((element = element.parentNode) && element !=
document.body", put:
while ((element = element.parentNode) && element != document.body &&
Object.isElement(element))

I have the 1.6.1_rc2 and the patch is to apply in Line 2411.
If you have a different version of prototype, the patch can also work.

Even if IE sucks, it still be considered as the corporate web browser in
many companies :-(

-- Sabri.