Perhaps straightforward is the wrong word...clumsy maybe? Image
rollovers are so common, I guess I was hoping for a simpler solution,
rather than having to add yet more markup to my layout and wrestle
with 100% perfect stacking in all supported browsers.  Simple image
rollovers can be done with JS calls, I guess I was hoping for smooth
rollovers to be as easy.  Maybe when I have the time I'll try to make
it work.

...Mike