Hi,

If you haven't already run across it, there's a useful page[1] on the
Prototype website with links to various tutorials.  The unofficial
Prototype & script.aculo.us wiki[2] also has some useful articles,
including this one[3] about writing Ajax requests.

[1] http://prototypejs.org/learn
[2] http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/
[3] http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/prototype:how-to-bulletproof-ajax-requests

HTH,