> Its not that it was giving me ALL checkboxes back. It was that it was
> giving me back the checked checkboxes when the page initially loaded
> and not giving me the checkboxes that were checked after that.

Could you provide some more of your source code? What exactly happens
after the Ajax request?

I'm guessing what you're looking for is an observer on the check
boxes, the first thing that comes to mind is a form observer, see
http://www.prototypejs.org/api/timedObserver, but another solution
might suit you better, depending on your wishes.

Oh, and an easier and more elegant way to collect the values of all
checked input elements would be.

var checkedValues = $$("input:checked").invoke("getValue");