The reason you need to use an index on playlist is because select returns an
array, so... instead of using the index[0] the way you've done, you can send
it back to the el.select():

$$('div.fp_YouTube').each(function(el)  {
       var player   = el.select('.player')[0]; // <--- right here!
       var playlist = el.select('.playlist li'); // also... select your li's
here, this will save you another select() call on the next line!
       playlist.each(function(video)      { // <-- neater.
               console.log(video.id);

Have a look:

http://jsbin.com/avedu

Rick