Hi,

> Now the problem I am facing is, In Mozilla 1.6...

Mozilla 1.6?  Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick, but do
you mean v1.6 of the Mozilla Suite?  That was obsoleted (by v1.7) more
than five years ago, and the project has been completely discontinued,
with the last release being more than three years ago.  Mozilla 1.7
has a total browser market share of about 0.07%[1].

[1]
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpmr=40&qpdt=1&qpct=0&qpcal=1&qptimeframe=M&qpsp=124

I wouldn't count on Prototype 1.6 playing well with anything that
outdated -- well, except IE6 that is (and not that much longer) ;-).

FWIW, and again, apologies if I've just completely misunderstood.