In this line:

         var id = elm.id.split('_').last();

the id of the list item containing the remove link must be constructed
like this:

clone_123

where 123 is the numerical ID from the database of the element you
wish to remove.

All of this is predicated on the initial clone process working
correctly. If you look at each of your clones in Firebug (inspect
element) do you see each one having a unique ID constructed like the
above? Or do they all have the same ID: clone_, clone_, clone_, etc.?
If that's the case, you need to step back to the stage where you added
these clones, and figure out why your initial Ajax request didn't
return a valid ID number.

Walter