Hi,

Your syntax is fine.  If you're callilng explainYourself like this:

this.explainYourself();

...it should work.  How are you calling it?  Because context (the
meaning of the "this" keyword) is slightly different in JavaScript
than in other languages using that keyword, and it's easily lost.  For
instance:

var f;
f = this.explainYourself; // Getting a reference to the function, not
calling it
f();                      // Now I'm calling it

That would fail because "this" would not be a reference to an instance
of myClass when the function was called.

Here are some resources for reading up on context:

[1] http://blog.niftysnippets.org/2008/03/mythical-methods.html
[2] http://blog.niftysnippets.org/2008/04/you-must-remember-this.html
[3] http://www.alistapart.com/articles/getoutbindingsituations
[4]