Wow!
thanks so much for the response.  I was under the impression that as
it was already passed to the function as an element and not the id
reference, it was already extended, but I just learned something new
then, so thanks for the incredibly fast response.

I have some other errors on IE, but I'll try to figure them out myself
as well.

Again - thanks for the great script and support through these groups!

David.