Hi again,

I tried modifying the code, but I'm still running into an error saying
that "the property or method is not supported on this object".

Code snippet as follows:
---
    var elements = $(frm).select('[validation]');
    alert(elements.length);
    for(var i=0; i < elements.length; i++) {
        var el = $(elements[i]);

        // first add validations to the form...
        validations = eval('new Array' + el.getAttribute
('validation'));
---
That last line gives the error - should I do $(el).getAttribute
('validation')?
I believe that I already extended it setting var el to $(elements[i]),
or am I mistaking?

Also - the attribute 'validation' is set to ({type:'required',
errorMessage:'Vereist Veld'} , {type:'minchars',
errorMessage:'Minimaal 2 karakters vereist', chars: '2'} ,
{type:'maxchars', errorMessage:'Maximaal 63 toegelaten', chars:
'63'} ), which is rendered serverside.  Is there a nicer way to create
an array from this in stead of doing what I do with the eval function?

Again - prototype rules, even for me not being a javascript guru :)

David.