Hi,

It's documented here[1], which is where you get with the links in the
API TOC.  It also appears there's an outdated page here[2] (note the
capitalisation) that does not mention this.  Scary.  Can't wait until
we ditch this Mephisto stuff for the 1.6.1 generated docs.

[1] http://prototypejs.org/api/event/stopObserving
[2] http://prototypejs.org/api/event/stopobserving

HTH,