Really?

I thought the explination was a simple one.

To recap....

A global way of knowing what is going on inside Ajax requests including.

1. The element that triggered the call
2. The container (if Ajax.Updater) the response is going to.

Yes i have looked at Responders and i am using them now to lock (disable)
input elements but as i cannot get the element that triggered the call i
have to lock the whole document which is not neccesary and slow - it would
be better to find the parent or inputs above the callee and lock them while
the request is going on (to stop people pushing the button twice etc etc)
then unlock on onComplete.

My way is working fine at the moment ... but ... it would be quicker and
more efficient if i could in some way get the nodes/elements i desire on a
global basis as part fo the framework and not hacked ontop of it.

Hope this clears things up a bit

Alex Mcauley
http://www.thevacancymarket.com