There's no reliable cross-browser event that gets fired when the
content of a DIV (as opposed to a form element, say) changes. One
thing you might try would be to have a PeriodicalExecuter running.
Have it compare a global variable with the current innerHTML of that
DIV, and if they don't match, fire the event and update the global
variable. This may be more difficult than I am saying it here, it's
often quite hard to get a PE to gather an external variable value more
than once (at the moment the PE function is instantiated).

Walter