Hi Mark,

as you don't want a timer to delay the hide of the "querying ..." text
(I suppose, but you did not finish the sentence)
one thought: test inside GGMap div the number of pin image inserted,
as you know the total number of answers, you could remove your text
when all images are in the DOM.

but there is probably a better way.

--
david