From: "T.J. Crowder" <t...@crowdersoftware.com>
To: "Prototype & script.aculo.us" <prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:17 AM
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: Json and prototype

Hi Alex,

Enumerable#each will loop through the array, or of course just a
boring old-fashioned for loop is fine. For splitting the strings into
individual characters, you can use String#split with "" as the
separator, that gives you back an array of one-character strings
(which you could use Enumerable#each on, or just a for loop).  For
appending them to the page, you'd either just append the characters to
innerHTML (directly or via update) or append spans, whichever performs
more smoothly in your tests.

FWIW,
www.crowdersoftware.com