Basic problem: I have a large list of objects that are drag and drop,
the page scrolls vertically, there also drop targets on the page, but
at the top. Therefore if I scroll to the bottom of the object list I
cannot drop draggables on the drop targets at the top of the page.

Solution one: Make the drop targets position:fixed;
This is great, the drop targets are always on screen no matter where
you scroll on the object list, and is my prefered solution.
Problem: postion:fixed; breaks the drop targets, the drop target stays
at the top of the page only the visual representation of the drop
target stays fixed.

Solution two: Make the object list overflow-y:scroll;
This is not as good a solution but it would work by making the object
list height less than the browser window height with a scroll bar so
that you can scroll the object list without moving the drop targets.
Problem: Draggables are confined inside the scrollable div, you can
still work the drop targets with the mouse cursor but the visual
representation of the dragged object is hidden in the scrollable divs
overflow.

Any ideas?